Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Micro-Chips

This morning while I was waiting for my first children, the pair of D.J.s began to ask for opinions on chipping your children. The pro argument is always the same. What if your child was lost or taken?

Well, children can move quickly when curious. My youngest son used to go for a walk so many times that I can’t believe that my hair did not turn grey when he was 4. Little Rigil would make sure the rest of us were busy, then, he would light out on his own. The rest of the children and I would notice him missing and begin our search outdoors. He always ended up with those who were nice. He was given chips, toys, popcorn, and clothes. His instincts, for kind people, was infallible. A few times the police were called by the people who found him, and if I spotted a police car, I would race to the spot. One time, Rigil saw me coming and scrambled from the front seat into the back seat of the police car. The policeman asked if I was his foster mother. Another time, a cop was holding Rigil and Rigil threw his arms around the man’s neck and hung on for dear life.

Man, could he walk fast!!!! It seemed that he was only gone 5 minutes and by the time I found him once, he had gone at least 16 blocks. Rigil was 5 years old at the time. Whenever I finally convinced whoever it was that Rigil was mine, Rigil would keep saying sorry and grab my arm to kiss. I just kept telling him that I loved him and that was why I was so worried. Rigil kept running until he was in high school. Whew!! Rigil has Down’s Syndrome and this is apparently common, although I never met anyone else who went through this for years.

Saying all this, I still would not have had Rigil chipped. Fine!!! Get your animals chipped, if you are worried. The basic idea of chipping is very science fiction, but not in a good way. Did you know that the U.S. military is chipping soldiers? The plan is eventually to convince people to get children chipped. After that, there will probably be a terrific amount of encouragement to get adults chipped. Why?

Maybe we would be easier to find and control. The chip can easily be controlled by a computer. All our financial information could be in the chip as well as our health. If someone decides that they don’t like what I have to say, I will bet that my health could be at risk. This sounds like robot town. The way the world works, there is a huge amount of disapproval for those who don’t fit in or agree with whatever the common opinion is. I am not interested in being controlled. Those manipulating the computers which house the chip information better have lots of integrity when playing with the chip information. Isn’t there a saying, “power corrupts”? Have we seen lots of evidence of corruption in our religions, governments and police forces, never mind drug companies, insurance companies etc.? I would rather do what is best for me than expect those in power to tell me what to do. Sorry, no chipping for my children. I want them healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!