Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mecury Retrograde

Spa Lady

This is what happened to me. My daughter and I signed up during Mercury Retrograde. That was not a good idea and I had misgivings, but did it anyway.
Most of the staff in Spa Lady were friendly, but I ran into one and then two who were not only superficial but arrogant. Those experiences made me not want to go back to the place which by the way is very impersonal and cold. I could not get out of my contract, so Paramount Acceptance withdrew money until May 2009.
In June, I noticed $2.10 was withdrawn. I wondered why. In July, I saw $2.10 again removed from my bank account. Finally, in August, I called Spa Lady which in turn passed me on to Bob Stanwick at Paramount Acceptance. I asked why $2.10 was being removed monthly from my account when my contract was up. Bob said it was in my contract. Why, I asked. Bob said it was to keep my account open so that I could get a good deal when I renew. I told him I was not remotely interested in renewing and that this was one item never mentioned when I signed up. He said in order to cancel I would have to send a letter stating and by the way, my letter would never arrive in time to catch September’s withdrawal. I am not keen at all on bullies and this company was behaving badly.
I went to my bank to put a stop on Paramount Acceptance withdrawing $2.10. It cost me $10.00 to do this. So September there was no $2.10 missing, but guess what the October statement showed $2.10 missing again!
I found the website and emailed Paramount and told them they were like thieves in the night and I want nothing more to do with Spa Lady. Then I received an email and a phone call saying that was not good enough, I needed to fax or send a letter to them.
I sent a fax and will soon receive my November statement. I hope the leeches are gone.
How many thousands of women have had $2.10 removed monthly without them knowing it? This is free money for Spa Lady and they don’t have to do anything for it.
I would be all for it, if this money went to the poor and disenfranchised around the world. They could have my $2.10. However, the thousands and thousands of dollars removed monthly from women who need the money more than Spa Lady seems highly unethical. Spa Lady is another large corporation behaving like a heartless corporation. I have already heard from a few women, who because of their own experiences with Spa Lady are less than thrilled with them.
Why don’t you go check your own bank statements now? How many other companies are doing the same thing?