Monday, March 22, 2010

PAST LIVES

Alrighty then! What is the big hullabaloo about reincarnation? It happens. We have lived before. Buddhism, one of the most compassionate religions and hence a wise one, accepts reincarnation as a fact of life. When I became aware of past lives, it made such sense to me. Where do little geniuses come from? A so called innocent with no prior knowledge all of a sudden can play an instrument at a very young age. Where did that come from? Why are some of us born poor, rich, malnourished, homeless, athletic, smart, dumb, healthy, crippled, male, female, developmentally delayed, a genius, brown, black, white red or yellow? Does only one life make sense? I mean really, now!

I began to see past lives superimposed onto strangers when I was attending the University of Calgary in the eighties. I was getting a degree in Education and was meeting a lot of people daily. My friends and I discussed Astrology, reincarnation, psychic experiences and anything else that was interesting. My friends began to become more psychic and I began to see past lives with every person I was introduced to. Because I was not shy about stating my impressions or intuitive thoughts, I would tell the person I had just met. In fact, my friends began saying, “Maggie! What did you see?”

The very interesting thing was that habits and interests that attracted this stranger showed themselves in the past lives that I picked up! For example, one woman I saw had been a dancer in a harem in one life and stoned in another for speaking up against injustice. Now these are only two that I saw, but these two had affected her life. She brought fears and talents into this life as a result of those two. When I did her chart, many more lives showed themselves, but those two were strongly exhibited to me. In this life, Kari was very afraid of giving her opinion. She kept quiet. She also showed dancing talent when she was very young and her parents put her in dancing lessons as a child which she still participated in.
Check out your children, they often show strong fascination with unusual subjects. My oldest child could draw very well and constantly drew military operations, especially with knights, shields and planes. I picked out 17 names as possibilities when I was pregnant with him. I left the list at home when I went to the hospital. After he was born, I asked my husband to find the list so we could try the names on for size. However, one name had haunted me from the beginning and when Bruce (my husband) could not find my list, we chose the one that had stayed in my head. So my son Lance is now in England. His hobby is sword-fighting at castles throughout the summer. He is in a re-enactment group. He looks like a knight and acts like one.

My whole point is to tell you about some of the past lives that I have seen with my special needs children and adults I have met and worked with. Okay, I worked in a day program with adults who displayed many different kinds of disabilities, physical, mental and emotional. Sometimes all disabilities showed and sometimes not. Some were autistic, verbal and non-verbal, brain-damaged, deaf and mentally challenged and /or physically, some were in wheelchairs, although most could walk. There were adults with brain damage from accidents or born like that, schizophrenics with other problems as well, and some Down syndrome adults. Anyway, walking into a room full of these different souls was fun. I would begin to see past lives with the noisy clients.

When a being decides to come back into a special needs body, whether it happens at birth or later, there are reasons. Much can be gained from inhabiting one of these bodies, especially spiritually. Those who volunteer to be in bodies which do not respond well are there because they want to make a difference and spread compassion. Hence those souls are usually positive and kind. The ones who fight their existence in this life can be very difficult to interact with. They were likely ‘encouraged’ to enter their maimed body to learn what was needed to learned, but are not happy. However, music makes them all happy. Have you ever been in a room with 500 ‘disabled adults with great, dancing rock music? The dance floor fills up quickly with gyrating bodies and not one soul cares who is watching. They all dance their hearts out. It’s a great sight!!

This was my first day in the downstairs day program. The building was two floors and today I would be downstairs with a lot of non-verbal adults. They needed greater supervision and the ratio of staff to clients was often one to one or one to two. Upstairs, the staff ratio could be one staff to three or four clients.

When I first walked in, there were two rooms with about twenty clients. Then I saw Kay, who was dressed in green. With her black, shiny short hair and dark eyes, she looked quite pretty and then Kay had a fit! A low growling started in her throat and she began biting her left arm, sinking her teeth over and over until a staff stopped her. Kay was angry and tried to fight the staff to get back to biting her arm. A past life as a woman in a rich and influential family showed. She was beautiful, spoiled, heartless and cruel. Those who tended to her every whim were subjected to harsh punishment for any perceived transgression. Little Kay had people beaten, tortured and killed. She listened to one but her own selfish urges. Now Kay could hurt no one but herself. Kay had been institutionalized at a young age. Her mother could not handle her and left the province to live in the U.S.

Then there was Garrett who lived in a wheel chair. He could not say words, just sounds, except for ‘Hi there’. He had all kinds of problems including cerebral palsy. Garrett’s forehead was also slightly elongated. The first time I had Garrett for the day, I was told, he was quite happy but laughed at nothing a lot. Garrett was about 21 and could not even feed himself but what a great kid!! I looked where he looked and watched his reactions to people carefully. Friendly staff and kids got’Hi there’, others got nothing. He laughed at funny interactions between others, not at nothing. Garrett was a loveable sweet young man. His presence brightened my day. The last time I saw him, I took Garrett for a ride and I parked the wheelchair to talk to him while we watched the planes come into the airport (which was close). Garrett began to cry and I knew he was going to die soon, so I told him what a wonderful soul he was. He responded by watching me and I knew he knew he would not be here much longer. Garrett had agreed to be put into this body, this prison of his. He had a few past lives as a soldier that I could see. Garrett did die a few months later, although I never did see him again.

There was also a young man, the same age as Garrett with the same problems and non-verbal too. Reese was nice looking but moody and unhappy most of the time. I never worked with him but I saw a rich pampered life before this life. He shunned those who were not perfect and his personal judgements on those who were not up to his status, were cutting and intolerant. What a difference!!!

A fourteen year old teenager on my bus was from India in another life. I saw him wearing white, his clothes, his turban, even his surroundings were white. Everyone listened to his every word whether he was foolish or not. He had position and money. Now he is on a special needs bus and has trouble relating to his peers. This boy, Ryan , wants a lot of attention. When he sings, he wants people to tell him what a great singer he is. He will sing even though the person next to him tries to ignore him or the kids on the bus tell him to stop. Often he will say mean things to others in a whisper, which I have addressed. Having a life where everyone hangs on to your every word is unrealistic and now Ryan still wants to be important. I told him that since he was born with three sisters, he must study them if he wants to figure out women. He likes girls but can be rude and mean with his comments. His reaction is ‘What? What?’ when I call him on his comments.

Another fourteen year old is very aggressive if called on his behaviour. I saw him in France where he had been a thug. He stole, lied and fought for a living, killing a few people along the way. Now he is probably FAS. Mason lies at the drop of a hat, his Dad even asked me about something Mason had lied about and I could see his Dad’s frustration. Mason is better, but he is the only one who was verbally aggressive with me, yes, swearing to show his contempt when I called him on his actions.

I heard a rumour that many of the top military people in Israel are re-born ex-nazis. It certainly makes sense. Whatever you hate, you become. The Nazis were known for their obsession with the Jews. No wonder, Israel lacks the compassion they once had.

Hate no one because all you are doing is hating yourself.

What about being gay? Does it not seem obvious that some men have been women before? Please!!! All you have to do is watch “Queer Eye for The Straight Guy’. Alternately, it seems obvious that some women have been men. We all change sexes if we have something to learn and something to gain. Appreciate everyone, for whoever you hate you will return to experience what you handed out. Gay marriage, why not? Love is love and that’s all that counts.
Why are we so judgemental with anyone who seems different or unusual? We must appreciate what is unique about each of us.

We really get away with nothing, so I would rather do good stuff. That feels better when it returns. Be happy being you or you will never like anyone else. Negative, miserable people are energy drainers and end up alone. Misery loves company, but no one likes miserable company. I prefer the company of positive, cheerful, funny people. How about you?