Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reiki

I am not a reiki master, but when of my friends, Gloria was. She did what she could to get me to learn how to reiki. Gloria arranged for me to take reiki in Edmonton for a special deal. Reiki is rather expensive to learn. So I was able to do a swap, a bunch of astrology charts for the reiki teacher. I cast charts for her whole family.

The main thing is that when I put my hands on someone for the purpose of reiki, I must keep my fingers closed. The second thing I must do is during my whole session is keep at least one hand on the person I am reiking. When I re-position my hands, this is important to remember. The last thing I do is to white light myself and picture energy pouring in through my head down into my arms. Then I concentrate on saying (in my mind) “I am reiking so and so.”

This is a simple version. I can’t wear anything warm because I’ll soon be peeling off a sweater or hoodie. I get so hot and even the person I work on will say that my hands feel hot. I have taught my children to reiki as well as the children of friends.

A few years ago, my sister was visiting. It was early Saturday morning and I was up with my younger children and my sister’s son who was about 7 years of age. My sister was still asleep. After breakfast, little Jared was quite sick. After I cleaned him up, I sat on the couch while we watched ‘Nightmare before Christmas.’ I held him and reikied him for at least 45 minutes. By the time my sister woke up a few hours later, Jared was completely better and back to his old self.

Not convinced, try this one on for size. Several years ago, an ex client of mine almost lost her child. My client, Leila and her two little girls went to Leila’s girl friend’s for the night. Leila lived with her dad and probably needed a break. Anyway the weather was bitterly cold, being the middle of February and about -30C. Leila was sleeping on the couch but woke up in the middle of the night to discover that 1year old Erica was not sleeping next to her. Leila ran around looking for the toddler and discovered the kitchen door was ajar. Panicking, she opened the door and stepped outside. There was a path in the deep snow to the back yard. Erika was lying in the yard.

Leila picked the cold baby up, sobbing as she hurried back into the house. She wrapped a blanket around Erica as she cried and rocked the frozen baby. The ambulance came and took mother and child to Sick Children’s Hospital. Erica had been dead about two hours but somehow came back to life.

Now I rarely read a newspaper or watch the news because the concentration on the negative is too much for me, It took three days for me to hear about little Erica.
Anyway, I went to the hospital and there was Leila at the front door using a pay phone. We went up to Erica’s room where she was asleep in a crib. Erica’s legs were bandaged from the tips of her toes to her knees. Even her arms and hands were completely covered with bandages as well.

Leila asked if I minded staying while she and her friend went down for a bite to eat.

The doctors were convinced that Erica would probably lose a foot or hand, at the very least some fingers and toes. This is what Leila stated.

I spent 45 minutes reiking the sleeping baby’s legs, feet, arms and hands. When Leila returned she told me about a phone call her father received from a Reiki group in the U.S. This group asked if it was alright if they used long distance healing on Erica. Leila said she did not see a problem with that.

Within a week of Erica’s ordeal, a child in Saskatchewan wandered outside in the middle of the night. This little child was several years older than Erica but ended up having some amputations due to the extreme cold. Erica lost nothing. She remained completely intact.